Inside Sales Professional
Updated: Mar 7
As a member of the Connectrans Business Development team, the Inside Sales Professional is pivotal to our company’s success. Maintaining customer satisfaction while driving new business development opportunities is their primary goal. They spend much of their time responding to inquiries, resolving issues, and providing updates on requests while looking for, and securing, new business and incremental growth opportunities. This is a developmental assignment with potential succession into a Business Development Manager assignment.
1. Generate New Sales Opportunities;
Actively prospect potential buyers through cold-calling or by contacting sales leads, as well as by replying to phone calls, emails, and social media messages. They can further create new opportunities with existing customers (House Accounts) by positioning complementary products and/or services.
2. Maintain Customer Relationships;
Inside sales professionals build relationships with customers by proactively following up on their satisfaction with Connectrans’ services and addressing inquiries and concerns. As the customer’s main point of contact, they’re responsible for relaying information and coordinating with internal teams to solve issues.
3. Liaise with the Business Development Team;
Inside sales professionals assist the members of the Business Development team by working with them and their clients on providing spot bid and RFP quotations, qualifying internally generated sales leads, ensuring accuracy and currency of customer information within the CRM and TMS applications, and successfully satisfying customer needs or concerns.
4. Ensure Handling of Requests;
Beyond updating customers about ongoing requests, it’s the job of inside sales professional to ensure that these requests are executed on time. They will coordinate with the operations team to ensure the customer request or required action is implemented and provide feedback to the customer as required.
5. Customer Communications
Communicate service or rate actions, notable trends, policies and other relevant information to assigned accounts.
Skills and Qualifications
Inside sales professionals are good communicators who adapt to the changing needs of customers and provide creative solutions to issues and concerns. Understanding the fundamentals of the Connectrans business, our unique value propositions and attention to detail are of critical importance.
1. Experience - In-depth knowledge of sales processes to support the Business Development Sales managers as advisors to meet a customer's requirements. Able to think critically and rationally on resolving issues relating to sales.
2. Customer service – inside sales support professionals are sensitive to the needs and concerns of customers, remaining courteous at all times while swiftly responding to requests
3. Willingness to engage – The Inside Sales Professional must have the confidence to naturally engage with prospective customers through various channels to identify potential new business opportunities.
4. Interpersonal skills – Inside Sales Professionals require strong interpersonal skills to cultivate long-term relationships with customers. Aside from maintaining customer satisfaction, they must listen well and establish rapport in order to sell successfully
5. Organization skills – given that this role involves a wide variety of tasks, from handling logistics to answering inquiries, it’s ideal for organized multitaskers who manage their time effectively
6. Problem solving skills – demonstrated abilities to negotiate and resolve customer concerns
Education and Training
· A high school diploma and at least two years of transportation management industry experience in sales, operations or customer service.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office, CRM tools and TMS (Trimble Truck Mate) software
Connectrans provides above industry salaries including an annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation allowance, and opportunity for advancement.
Connectrans is in Milton ON and this position is domiciled in our head office.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume along with references and compensation expectations to Connectrans via;
o Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
o Connectrans company website; www.connectrans.com
o LinkedIn; https://www.linkedin.com/company/52170109
o Office; 8160 Parkhill Drive, Milton ON L9T 5V7, +1.905.876.0227
At Connectrans we recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders in our success. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace, and we have the right individuals in the right roles providing the support they need to succeed. Connectrans is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness and is committed to supporting the communities where we live, work and play.